What is Giving Tuesday?
GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world.
GivingTuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past seven years, it has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
GivingTuesday on Facebook
- Donations are matched dollar for dollar on a first-come, first-served basis until the match is met.
- Any US-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit eligible to receive donations on Facebook can be matched.
- Facebook will match up to a total of $100,000 per nonprofit organization.
- Each donor can have up to $20,000 in eligible donations matched on Giving Tuesday.
Facebook covers all processing fees for donations made on Facebook to charitable organizations.
Note that only fundraisers for nonprofit organizations are eligible for matching dollars, but fundraisers for personal causes can still raise money on Giving Tuesday. Learn more about the differences between types of fundraisers.
Q: How do you receive funds made to Facebook during GivingTuesday?
GivingTuesday Best Practices
- 6 Timely Tips for Making the Most of GivingTuesday
- 5 Things you Need to do Now for a Success Year-End Campaign
- GivingTuesday Logos [Downloads]